SM Granita is a granular synthesizer. It’s a remix of Monolake’s Granulator II with focus on easy texture creation. Drag any sample and enjoy. It adds a luxury reverb and an audio pitch shifter for texture intonation, very useful in less experimental contexts.
- Size: defines how many (very short) crossfading sample chunks are played back per second. High values: more chunks with shorter duration each are created.
- Pos: file position. It can either be set by moving this parameter or by clicking on the waveform.
- Spread: enables the slight detuning of the grain frequency for the left and right channel.
- Lush: nw.gverb~’s decay time + mix. I like to have just 1 control, but you can easily add both in presentation.
- ADSR: classic amp envelope.
- Pitch (semitones + cents): audio pitch shifter for instrument tuning. Use Ableton Tuner Effect device (watch the demo video above). It introduces some latency and adds weird color at extreme values.
- Voices: number of polyphonic voices.
- Volume: ehm… main volume.